[Histonet] Regarding too many emails

Linda Margraf Linda.Margraf at cookchildrens.org
Fri Apr 6 10:23:08 CDT 2018

Greetings Histonetters:

As the Histonet administrator, I typically don't send out too many messages to the list, but it is probably time for me to remind folks about some of the Histonet list's functionality. First, thanks to everyone for participating. We have over 3100 members from all over the globe which is quite astonishing for a list that started 20 years ago.  Thanks also to everyone who sends out subscribing/unsubscribing instructions etc. and for Marvin Hanna for running the archive all these years.  I never would have dreamed the list would still be running strong this long.

It is best if you manage your own account on the membership list at the url below (sorry the url is so long now!).
	https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.utsouthwestern.edu_mailman_listinfo_histonet&d=DwICAg&c=fHUKEfYp8ZKZp-Z4zyr9bXWWb-JCctOum5ZlzbjkVjM&r=1o7iZWfSCXEgDesmDMuV2rPUZJJnqv0nrvyFk2x0v0A&m=AcwNeKf6Os__vxNkSxyldTqmODmwViFPmsquElvZ7ew&s=bngU9RZfSDBzzUiM4ycqhQEEauD-rCoFokTODEYqYME&e=

Remember, if your email address changes even a little, the server won't recognize you as a list member when you try to post a message (but you likely still get Histonet messages internally routed through your email server).  If your email address differs from the one on the membership list, you will receive a non-member alert that your message won't be posted. Also, if you have graphics in your message such as a signature line with a logo, the server may reject a message you try to post to the list.   Please send the message as plain text (without the footer etc) if you don't see your message come through the list.

Finally, for those who don't like the many emails, Histonet has a digest version where all the messages are grouped into one message every day.  It is a little confusing reading the messages as they are not grouped by topic but it really cuts done on the number of messages you get. If you want to switch to digest, go to the Histonet url above and modify your subscription. Also, you can hold mail while you are away, change your password  etc at that url address.

Always feel free to contact me if you have issues by email at
	histonet-owner at lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sometimes it takes a day or two for me to get back to you but I try my best.

Thanks for participating in Histonet.
Sincerely,
Linda M

Today's Topics:

   1. please unsubscribe me. Too many emails. (Wirsbinski, Stephanie)
   4.  please unsubscribe me. Too many emails. (Kharzai, Sadeq)