[Histonet] CAP question ANP.12500

Eileen Akemi Allison akemiat3377 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 17:21:37 CDT 2017

We keep ours for one week after final report. There have been past issues as to tissues  submitted from our endoscopy center not matching up to our gross exams. Gastric tissue included with esophageal tissue, I account for every MINUTE fragment, so there were absolutely floaters from somewhere!. We account for everything when I gross the tissue!  I have a embedding log sheet which accounts for every piece submitted, as well as who embeds it, cuts, it, etc.. as well as any comments which just don’t match up to the gross.

Akemi Allison BS, HT/HTL (ASCP)
Pathology Manager
Monterey Bay GI Consultants Laboratory
23 Upper Ragsdale Drive, Suite 200