[Histonet] FW: cutting a 5um frozen section from a 50um section of brain

Dessasau III, Evan eddessa at emory.edu
Fri Oct 6 11:09:21 CDT 2017

Hi Histonet , I have been trying to cut a FLAT 4 to 10 um frozen section from 50um sections of brain.  Every time I think I have the tissue flat the sections are never in the same plane.  I found a wonderful book in pdf format(A Practical Guide to Frozen Section Techniques, Stephen R. Peters) online with lots of wonderful tips but I'm having no luck implementing the tips.  Has anyone ever tried this?  Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you,
E-van

E-van D. Dessasau, III, HTL(ASCP)cm
Supervisor, Histology Division of Pathology
Emory University
Yerkes NPRC
Main Center Rm. 2122
954 Gatewood Rd.