[Histonet] EDTA decalcification tissue issues

Pairan, Kelly Kelly.Pairan at nationwidechildrens.org
Fri Nov 10 05:39:11 CST 2017

Good Morning,

Recently, our lab has been working on validating an EDTA method of decalcification.  When we ran the IHC's on the decalcified bone block, the majority of the tissue lifted off the slide.  We use the Leica Bonds for our IHC staining.  Does anyone else have a hard time getting EDTA decalcified tissue to stay on positively charged slides during IHC runs?  Do you have a trick you use?  We really did not have this big of a problem when we were decalcifying with Formical or Nitrical (big bones only).

Thanks for your help,

?Kelly Pairan, HT(ASCP), QIHC(ASCP)