[Histonet] Histonet Digest, Vol 168, Issue 2 Needing a microwave processor

Steve McClain SteveM at mcclainlab.com
Thu Nov 2 17:15:37 CDT 2017

Why do you think you need a microwave processor?
You can certainly use a conventional K3000 or VIP5 or RVG (and probably other) processors to accomplish short 2 hours-4 hours processing on small samples by
1. Raising the processing temperatures to 45-50C
2. Removing formalin from the processor (all fixation is done BEFORE loading on the processor)
and 3.Maniacally ensuring your reagents are always fresh (frequent solution rotations)

We looked to buy a microwave processor 10 years ago but found the equipment we had produced better results- identical to 8-12 hour overnight processing.

This method has been posted several times on Histonet.
Steve A. McClain, MD

On Nov 2, 2017, at 10:14, "histonet-request at lists.utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:histonet-request at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>" <histonet-request at lists.utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:histonet-request at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Histonet] Needing a microwave processor