[Histonet] H&E on frozen sections

Ana Maluenda Ana.Maluenda at baker.edu.au
Tue May 2 22:56:07 CDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone out there had already had issues with commercial Haematoxylin and Eosin. I started working in a lab that recently purchased Sigma Mayer's Haematoxylin (MHS-16) and 1% Alcoholic Eosin (Fronine - II016). We work with fresh frozen sections of mouse tissue. Since then, H&E protocol haven't worked well. I tried different protocols, following the product sheet as well as following other researcher's protocols and none worked. Both Haematoxylin and Eosin are very faint, with Eosin been uptake very inconsistently even on the same section (some of the areas are not even stained at all). I also used sections from different projects, with different people performing tissue harvest, OCT embedding and sectioning (so it looks more a problem with the staining protocol rather than the specimens) and tried increasing the staining times.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Also, what are people using as commercial staining Haem and Eosin (brand and catalogue number)?

Thanks very much!

Kind regards,

Ana

Ana Maluenda
Research Assistant
Atherothrombosis and Vascular Biology Laboratory

Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute
75 Commercial Road, Melbourne VIC 3004
P (03) 8532 1359 E Ana.Maluenda at baker.edu.au<mailto:Ana.Maluenda at baker.edu.au> W www.baker.edu.au<http://www.baker.edu.au/>

Protecting your privacy is important to us. The Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute will handle your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and its Privacy Policy which is available at www.baker.edu.au or on request by contacting privacy at baker.edu.au or by calling 1800 838 498. The Privacy Policy also explains how you can access and correct your personal information, or make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles. bidipp2014.0.1a
--
Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg