[Histonet] disposable grossing pad

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer at mdanderson.org
Fri Mar 31 13:01:19 CDT 2017

We use chux here as well.  The cotton in them can bunch up, also they don't lay completely flat.  We also use the thin lab mats.  Cardinal carries them as does fisher.  They can be bought in bulk, have an absorbent side and a fluid resistant side.  Since we are on a tight budget here, and students are wasteful, they work well for us.  A pack of 30 or so lasts us about two calendar months.  We use 1/day and 3/week.
There is also a bench top liner that you can purchase.  It may come in a roll, and you can just cut what you need.
As for disposal, since they are contaminated with specimens, we place ours directly in the biohazard.  Any item that may have come in contact with an unprocessed specimen (no blades or glass) goes into the biohazard waste.
Hope this helps.

Toysha Mayer

Message: 1