[Histonet] Use of sodium borohydride in immunofluorescence

Bob Richmond rsrichmond at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 09:12:27 CDT 2017

> Lucie Guernsey at UC San Diego asks about sodium borohydride:

>>I'm currently going over IHC SOPs that were written by lab members that
have long ago moved on to other jobs. One inconsistency that I've come
across is the use of 0.5 % sodium borohydride in immunofluorescence.<<

Does your protocol include the information that sodium borohydride is a
serious hazmat? Here's the Sigma-Aldrich MSDS:
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/sigma/s9125?lang=en&region=US

>>There's a chance I have pregnancy brain....<< Best wishes to you and your
child!

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville TN