[Histonet] Immunoperoxidase Protocol on Cytospin

Cartun, Richard Richard.Cartun at hhchealth.org
Tue Mar 14 14:38:08 CDT 2017

Since you only have 1 slide I would recommend following your regular protocol that you use for formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue.  I would use heat retrieval if that's what you use for FFPE tissue.  However, if you use enzyme digestion on FFPE tissue I would "not" digest your cytospin slide.  If you don't get any immunoreactivity it could be a "False Negative" due to pre-analytical variables.  I think it can be interesting to try experiments like this, but it's not the way to do IHC testing.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & The Martin M. Berman, MD Immunopathology & Morphologic Proteomics Laboratory
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102