[Histonet] AZ HT Position
mhale at MiracaLS.com
Mon Mar 6 18:45:08 CST 2017
Chandler Pathology Services - Chandler, AZ
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
Schedule: 40 Hours per Week
FLSA Status: Hourly; Non-Exempt
Essential functions and responsibilities:
* Ensures compliance with all local, federal, CLIA, regulations.
* Performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures.
* Responsible for embedding of surgical pathology specimens.
* Responsible for the sectioning and microtomy of surgical pathology specimens.
* Responsible for the routine staining, histochemical staining, and immunohistochemical staining of surgical pathology specimens for microscope evaluation and analysis.
* Performs routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoots minor equipment failures. Documents remedial actions such as repairs or repeated tests.
* Adheres to laboratory's quality control policies and documents all quality control activities.
* Maintains diagnostic viability of all specimens and ensures correct patient labeling.
* Unpacks orders received; dates and stocks orders, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Maintain a clean and safe prep work area in accordance with all laboratory and safety SOP's.
* Prepares and labels necessary stains and reagents in accordance with departmental procedures, policies and standards.
* Reviews and performs QC on slides before taking the slides to the pathologist.
* Maintenance of accurate work records and logs (i.e., Discrepancy Logs, Maintenance Logs, Quality Control Logs etc.)
* Demonstrates a commitment to service, organizational values, and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
* Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
* Protects patient information by adhering to professional standards including the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Knowledge and Skill:
* Must have 2+ years laboratory experience.
* Must be HT Certified.
* Must be precise when performing technical tasks.
* Effective interpersonal skills, both in person and on the telephone.
* High accuracy in work and attention to detail.
* Must have manual dexterity and motor coordination.
* May involve sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time and/ or sitting at the microtome for long periods of time.
* Exposure to chemicals and fumes.
* Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K, Paid time off and Holiday Pay.
* Associate's Degree or higher
Required experience and certification:
* laboratory: 2 years
* HT Certification ASCP
Chandler Pathology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
To apply, please fax resume to (480) 786-6996, ATTN: Office Manager or email: jobposting2600 at gmail.com<mailto:jobposting2600 at gmail.com>
More information about the Histonet