[Histonet] slides/cassettes printers points of view

Walter Benton wbenton at cua.md
Fri Jul 28 13:23:26 CDT 2017

We have the original Slidemates (not the newer AS model) and Printmate. Both instruments work well.

The slidemate used a thermal ribbons to print. Certain slide coatings (in the area where you write/etch/print) are better suited for thermal print technology. Not sure what type of slides you use now, but you consider that in your purchase decision. In addition slidemates have a small footprint.

Printmate also has a thermal ribbon and you can print 2D barcodes and other pertinent identifiers on the cassettes. Generally speaking the printer works well with minimal down time due to failures.

Feel free to reach out if you additional questions.

Walter Benton HT(ASCP)QIHC
Lab Operations Manager
Chesapeake Urology Associates
806 Landmark Drive, Suite 127