[Histonet] Histologist grossing and review of cases by pathologists

Baldwin, Kathy sbaldwin at mhhcc.org
Fri Jul 28 13:01:23 CDT 2017

Het all
I was wondering if your policy reflects what mine does because of State regulations
If a Histologist is grossing with an Associate degree state wants my pathologist to review the grosses within 24 hours and we are not open Saturdays or holidays.
So we created a sheet for the Histotech to put all cases she grosses on that sheet and then have them typed up and reviewed by the pathologist before he leaves for the day!!
This is cumbersome for them are there any other suggestions out there??

S Kathy Baldwin ASCP, SCT
Histology and Cytology Supervisor
Ph 812-996-0210
Fax 812-996-0232

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.