[Histonet] dako omnis ihc stainer pros and cons

cafechague cafechague at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 09:54:45 CDT 2017

hi all!we purchased a dako omnis and i would like to get some input on deparaffinization online and offline, as well as counterstaining online. i hear theres a lot of background stain when deparaffinizing online, and using the dako mayer heme stains too light. is this true?our ihc daily slide counts aren't much, averaging 150 to 200 slides a day with a 24 hour TAT.  i did not want to batch slides since our counts are low, and I originally would like everything done on the stainer but im not sure how long the runs take having everything done online. I'm just trying to figure out my workflow process.any comments will help!
thanks,cae