[Histonet] Blood donations for money

Elizabeth Chlipala liz at premierlab.com
Mon Jul 24 13:05:35 CDT 2017

I would contact your local department of public health or your states governing agency for hazardous/biological waste - for example in Colorado our hazardous waste is controlled by the Colorado Department of Health.  You should be able to register a complaint through them.

On a personal note and no Bob I'm not calling you out.  Not all plasma donors are sleazy I personally have donated over 50 units of platelets where I used to work and was not paid for any of it.  I did get to watch TV or a movie for a couple hours since I donated during work hours (I would actually do paperwork when I was on the machine).  I would even donate for specific patients when necessary, apparently some patients did well with my platelets.  It was really fascinating, a small suburban 400 bed hospital with a very active blood bank, I learned a lot, it was a great experience overall.

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308