[Histonet] Pregnancy and the Histo Lab

Pairan, Kelly Kelly.Pairan at nationwidechildrens.org
Wed Jul 19 12:32:20 CDT 2017

Hi Kimberly,
I was pregnant last year.  I pretty much did everything that I normally did in the lab.  When I thought I may have a prolonged exposure to chemicals (such as changing processors), I wore a mask.  The biggest issue I had was that my ankles and feet got really swollen.   The histology lab is not a place where you can put your feet up and keep working.  My manager did try to get me to sit with my feet up as much as possible but it was almost impossible as I do not have a desk job.  I ended up being off a week before my due date because of it.  My little boy just turned one and he is perfectly fine.

Have a great day!
Kelly