[Histonet] ventana customers

Teri Johnson tejohnson at genoptix.com
Mon Jan 23 14:05:59 CST 2017

Melissa wrote:
Good Morning, I am looking for feedback into technical bulletins and memos recently released.  We run benchmark ultras and special strainers.  We are also a facility that uses Vantage.  We have never used the clear label overlays they say are mandatory.  I also do not like the sounds of the software patch they are looking to install to eliminate the rare occurrence of invalid keycodes.  Any input or opinions?  If you are opting out of these...how are you documenting?  Thank you

Melissa Kuhnla
Lead Medical Technologist
for IHC and FISH testing
Regional Laboratory Services
Good Samaritan Hospital
631-609-2551

Hi Melissa,

Why wouldn't you use the tools for their platforms that they provide? Using the clear label overlays are taught in the training they provide after you purchase the instrumentation. The overlays were provided to address problems with heat and chemicals affecting them with earlier label versions. By protecting the printing you keep the integrity of the information contained there intact. In addition, the little label ramp is designed to assure proper dispersion of the solutions on the system.

We recently allowed them to install the patches on our instruments. Again, that is like using a Windows product and rejecting a software update that could potentially address or fix a security issue. Why wouldn't you want assurance that they are fixing something that needs it? I'd much rather be assured that the instrument is delivering the proper stain protocol every time I do a staining run.

Best wishes,

Teri Johnson
Manager, Clinical Trial Testing
Genoptix, Inc., a Novartis company