[Histonet] IHC Medicare policy

Gareth Davis garethdavisyuma at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 18:23:54 CST 2017

Okay, I know that for Medicare cases we cannot order Special or IHC stains upfront.  They can be ordered after the pathologist reads the slide.  But, what are labs doing for other insurances?  The lab I work in only does H. Pylori and CD 8 on GI cases. I understand cancer cases are different.  I am basically interested in what labs, like our GI lab, are doing about non-Medicare cases.  Are you doing Special and IHC stains, the clinical doctors order, upfront?
Thanks,
Gareth Davis, B.S., HT, QIHC (ASCP)cm

Sent from my iPhone