[Histonet] Cut FFPE Slides for ISH

Jennifer Phinney jhill at vet.k-state.edu
Mon Aug 28 10:30:08 CDT 2017

Hello Histonet,
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to find some references for how long FFPE slides intended for ISH can be kept before staining.  I have a researcher who swears their slides have to be stained within 24 hours of being cut, which does not sound correct to me.  I've used ACD's RNAscope before and their protocol lists the timeframe as 3 months (so this is a bit of a difference).

There's a lot of information about fixation times, but I've come up empty handed for cut slides.

Thanks everyone!

Jennifer Phinney QIHCCM
Project Coordinator
Kansas State University