[Histonet] . Peloris II Tissue Processor

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer at mdanderson.org
Thu Apr 27 15:34:23 CDT 2017

Charles,
The Peloris is great!
The advantages is that it is very user friendly.  You can run two different protocols at the same time, due to the dual retorts.  It conserves reagents, because it calculates based on the number of cassettes you tell it you ran.  It automatically rotates the reagents.  We also had a battery backup in case of emergencies.
Disadvantages are if you have a low to moderate workload, it may be too costly.  It is very large in my opinion, so you need more floor space than other processors.  The maintenance plan is well worth its large price.
The lab I worked at during Hurricane Ike in Houston did not have their instrument on a 'red plug', so our processor stopped in the middle of the run.  Leica got to us within a week.  Any other time they were able to help us within a day or so.
On a scale of 1 to 5, I give the Peloris a 5.

Message: 3