[Histonet] A moment of thanks

Cates, Julia Julia.Cates at AHSS.ORG
Wed Apr 19 08:11:06 CDT 2017

Good Morning Histonet!

I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude to all of my colleagues on histonet. You are an invaluable resource in a world that is spread-out and I treasure the ability to reach out to you when I have a problem.

Case and point,  I have been struggling with a H&E problem for months.  When looking at the slide, you would think the problem was a cutting artifact.  I had a service technician go over the microtome multiple times with minimal resolution.
The second part of the problem is that the issue was intermittent.  Anyone troubleshooting knows how confounding this can be!  After exhausting all cutting possibilities, I started looking at the stainer. That is where histonet came on to the scene.  I searched hoping to find someone who had had the same problem or similar and sure enough I found it.  One response from Tim Morken has solved my issue and I can't thank you enough.

I will say that this is also an important lesson for me as well.  I should have reached out sooner for help.  I wouldn't have had to struggle or put my pathologist through looking at garbage slides.  Lesson learned.

Anyway, my thanks again to you all!

Thanks,

Julia Cates, HT(ASCP)cm

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.