[Histonet] Survey

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer at mdanderson.org
Mon Apr 3 14:52:34 CDT 2017

In my opinion a stainer would come first.  As it has already been stated, stainers provide consistency and reliability in the lab.  You can always find someone to assist with coverslipping, but not everyone can perform the stain just right.
Newer coverslippers are wonderful, they last and work great.  Just remember to open the dispensing valve for adequate flow of the reagent onto the slide.  That has always been the biggest problem with film units.  Don't get chintzsy with the reagent, but don't let them be too juicy.

> On Mar 31, 2017 8:00 PM, "Patti Nelson - PNP Lab Consultant via
> Histonet" < histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:
>

>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I just wanted to get everyone's opinion. If you had to chose between
>> buying a Auto Side Stainer or Auto Slide Cover Slipper, which one
>> would you chose? Lets say your volume was around 60 to 80 blocks a
>> day and you worked for a GI Lab. Everyone's input would be greatly appreciated.
>>

>> Sincerely,
>>
>> PATTI NELSON  H.T.(ASCP)
>> PNP LABORATORY CONSULTANTS
>> SUPERVISOR DGC/ZADEH LABS
>> PO BOX 412
>> CABAZON, CA. 92230
>> 909-841-9761
>> nelsonrnch at verizon.net
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:This message and any included attachments are
>> from Patti Nelson, PNP Laboratory Consultants and are intended only
>> for the addressee. The information contained in this message is
>> confidential and may contain privileged, confidential, proprietary
>> and/or exemption from disclosure under applicable law.  Unauthorized
>> forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such
>> information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are
>> not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the
>> sender ofthe delivery error by e-mail or you may call  909-841-9761.

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure. This e-mail message may contain protected health information (PHI); dissemination of PHI should comply with applicable federal and state laws. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, any further review, disclosure, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment (or the information contained therein) is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all references to it and its contents from your systems.