[Histonet] Material for size calibration in blocks

Caroline Miller mills at 3scan.com
Wed Sep 28 12:21:45 CDT 2016

Hi Histonet,

I am looking for a material of a precise size that I can place in my
paraffin or resin blocks to act as size calibrators when we put the blocks
on our automated serial sectioning and imaging robot (see www.3scan.com).

I would like to do this without processing the tissue, so I suppose I am
actually asking has anyone successfully cut any materials without any
processing?

Thinking of brush bristles, but worried they will not cut. Also thought of
carbon fibre, but possibly too hard and could damage our diamond blade.

Thanks for any advice in this space.

yours,
mills

--