[Histonet] Unprocessing tissue

Armstrong, Karoleigh T Karoleigh.Armstrong at ARMC.net
Fri Sep 23 14:44:41 CDT 2016

Hi Caroline,

This may sound a little crazy,

but I was working on some mummified tissue back in the 80's, (Mommy is old), and to deal with the dried out tissue we would give them,

1. A quick .5 percent Sodium Hydroxide soak, 5minutes

2. Wash is running water, 1 minute

3. Soak in a 3 parts water 1 part Downey, yes Downey. 5 minutes

4. Step up to a 1/2 water, 1/2 Downey soak for 5- 10 minutes.

5. Wash with running water 2-3 minutes.

Proscess your tissue as you usually would.

They came out pretty darn good.

KK Armstrong H.T. (ASCP)

Disclaimer: This electronic message may contain information that is Proprietary, Confidential, or legally privileged or protected. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from your computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message and do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information it contains.