[Histonet] Unprocessing tissue from paraffin

Maria Mejia mbmphoto at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 21:10:06 CDT 2016

Hi Millis,

Lets see if I’m understanding you correctly.
1) You have unprocessed tissue. What kind of unprocessed tissue & how thick are the free-floating sections?
2) Are the tissue fixed? If so, with what? & For how long?
3) You want to stain the unknown whole mount using various histochemical stains or IHC stains?
4) Can you please explain why after staining you need to reprocess for paraffin?
Cause once these mystery sections are processed you'll have to cut them using a rotary microtome.

I can maybe help you, but your going to have to provide more detail information. Also provide your
processing protocol.

Regards
Maria Mejia
Lead Histologist