[Histonet] bone saw

Lauren Sweeney lmarie08 at uga.edu
Thu Oct 27 11:55:06 CDT 2016

Hello histoworld,

Does anyone out there use a bone saw in their lab? We routinely have research cases with hundreds of femur head submissions from avian species. We currently use a bone saw made by Buehler from the 70's or 80's and it's a work horse, but the blade keeps cracking in the diamond tip from overuse during these surveys of hundreds of bones. I was wondering what kind of saws are out there that could be used for this purpose and if anyone has any experience with this? I am looking for something a little more durable, or if not, at least a little cheaper. Each blade costs about $350.

Thanks!