[Histonet] Process Improvement and Quality Initiatives

Houston, Ronald Ronald.Houston at nationwidechildrens.org
Mon Oct 3 12:34:27 CDT 2016

We are in the process of re-examining what we discuss in our daily huddles with a view to involve all pathologists, and was wondering what others are doing in relation to topics for daily study and as part of a daily management system e.g.  Metrics and Goals;  Daily Readiness Assessment -MESA (Methods, Equipment, Supplies, Associates); Problem Management - ownership, expectations, countermeasures.

Do pathologists get actively involved in huddles in your facilities?

Any suggestions for getting all staff fully engaged?

Thanks for any help/suggestions
Ronnie

Ronnie Houston, MS HT(ASCP)QIHC FIBMS
Anatomic Pathology Manager
Laboratory Services
700 Children's Drive
Columbus, OH 43205
(P) 614-722-5450
(F) 614-722-2899
ronald.houston at nationwidechildrens.org<mailto:ronald.houston at nationwidechildrens.org>
www.NationwideChildrens.org<http://www.nationwidechildrens.org/>

"Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning."
~ Ben Franklin