[Histonet] Personel

Jesus Ellin JEllin at yumaregional.org
Tue Nov 22 11:36:20 CST 2016

So I know I am going to open Pandoras box,, but have people been paying attention to the Personal requirements from CAP.

I called the CAP and asked them about the criteria concerning Moderate or High complexity testing, after discussing with them the situations,   IF you have a tech that is Licensed and Also has a QIHC, but does not minimum requirement Defined by CLIA in education ,, they CAN NOT do any QA/OC of IHC and antibody work up,, as IHC is defined as High complexity testing.

I also asked about the test systems.  The grandfather clause is only good for test systems that occurred for those time periods.  For instance if CLIA defined the test system after those dates of 1997,, then they are not included and the person cannot perform test and technology created after those dates, since the testing was not in place during the grandfather clause time.  In a nut shell meaning if the IHC staining and antibody was developed after those dates,, you are not covered by the grandfather clause to do the testing ,, can some help clear this up,,

So any help on this matter will do

This message is confidential, intended only for the named
recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged
or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that the
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited.  If you receive this message in error,
or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender
at either the e-mail, fax, address, or telephone number
listed above and delete this e-mail from your computer.
Thank You.