[Histonet] Cytology/Histology Staining Question (Mullen, Mary)

T H thigginsht at msn.com
Tue May 10 12:46:25 CDT 2016

Hey Mary,

The problem is not the machine, it is the reagents sharing that is the issue.  You can use different reagents and protocols for the Histo and Cyto slides and on the same instrument.  You might even get away with changing your Alcohols and filtering everything else and see how that works.  Try it and run some blank slides through the stainer and see if anything is there from the cytology specimens.

I would personally have two separate sets of staining reagents to be on the safe side.

Good luck!!

Tim

Message: 7