[Histonet] PAS Stain

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 08:25:17 CDT 2016

As I see it, there are 3 main objections about using human saliva as an amylase source.In order of importance they are:1- you will never know the actual concentration of the amylase and this will produce reproducibility problems.2- along with the saliva you will introduce bacteria that may end being stained and can cause misdiagnoses.3- it is absolutely disgusting.René