[Histonet] IHC positive controls

Cindy Bulmer cjbulmer2526 at aol.com
Mon May 2 12:42:36 CDT 2016

Hello Histoland,

I need some advice, I have a PT block that is positive with Spirochetes.
What would be the best way to use this block as a positive control?

1)  Cut (serial sections, stain the last slide for bugs) and oven time (60) for 1 hr.
     then put slides in refrigerator for future use.
2)  Cut (serial sections, stain the last slide for bugs) NO oven time  and put slides
     directly in refrigerator for future use.
3)  Cut "fresh" every time they order the Ab.

Thank you,
Cindy

Cynthia Bulmer HT(ASCP),QIHC
IHC Supervisor, CTPL