[Histonet] Processing FFPE tissue without alcohol

Wanda Shotsberger Gray wgray19 at sc.rr.com
Sat Mar 26 11:56:06 CDT 2016

While the tissue will still go through alcohol, have you considered
preserving the fat with osmium tetroxide prior to routine processing? This
turns the fat black, but it is retained in the tissue.

Hi Histonet, is there a way to process tissue for paraffin embedding
without using alcohol? One of the labs that send their processing to us
will be doing a study examining fat. I told them if they want to look at
the fat they will have to cut frozen sections but I'm being ask again about
processing without the alcohol. So I said I would ask around.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you for your help!

E-van

Sent with AquaMail for Android