[Histonet] Plastic coverslip Loosening

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Tue Mar 22 10:40:51 CDT 2016

A warning on the Mount-Quick...

We have used this for years for our histochemistry slides but we stopped using Quickmount recently when we got a batch that failed - it seemed a bit more viscous than usual while coverslipping and then a couple months later all the coverslips were found to be loosening as the media dried up and peeled off the slide, along with the coverslip. We have had to re-coverslip hundreds of slides.

Our last order to Newcomer for this product was never filled so I'm wondering if they got other reports of a bad batch.

Tim Morken
Pathology Site Manager, Parnassus
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center