[Histonet] Resin processing gone crystally!

Caroline Miller mills at 3scan.com
Tue Mar 1 18:20:43 CST 2016

HI All,

I know we are mainly paraffin folks out there, but I have a resin question
and I hope someone out there can help us.

We process large volumes of tissue to LR white and have had no issues in
the past, however this last batch went very weird. We have been doing this
for over a year with no issues but after one night in 50% resin 50% alcohol
the resin seemed to precipitate out into white solid crystals totally
replacing the liquid resin.

Has anyone had this happen before? We would really like it not to happen
again as it seems to be also affecting the tissue too! help please!

I am hoping you can see these, and therefore I got the sharing settings
right:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B0bZ0Efb6jfBZEZ6RmhSRkhDbkU
and
https://drive.google.com/a/3scan.com/folderview?id=0B0bZ0Efb6jfBZEZ6RmhSRkhDbkU&usp=sharing_eid&ts=56d6234c

Also a fuzzy picture of the crystalized resin (i was not responsible for
the fuzziness, but I work with what I got)!

Thanks in advance for all your wonderful advice!

yours,
mills

--
Caroline Miller (mills)