[Histonet] Marking Tissues with Eosin

Jamal Rowaihi j.rowaihi at alborglaboratories.com
Thu Jun 23 14:56:34 CDT 2016

Hi If you are using buffered Formaline so the Eosin color will not resist until the end of tissue processing.I recommend to add small amount of stock Eosin to the last alcohol in theTissue processor.

Regards
Jamal RowaihiAnatomic Pathology SupervisorAl Borg Medical Laboratories Sent from my cell phone
-------- Original message --------From: Mca Werdler via Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu> Date: 6/23/16  8:49 PM  (GMT+03:00) To: "Rebecca E. Ashley" <Pez at uwyo.edu> Cc: Histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu Subject: Re: [Histonet] Marking Tissues with Eosin
Dear Rebecca,

Yes this is possible. just don't use a too strong concentration. The eosin
should give a slight pink color on the tissue after processing and after
embedding.

Good luck,

Maarten