[Histonet] Air Bubbles

Karen Pfaff kp5124 at outlook.com
Fri Jun 10 09:15:44 CDT 2016

There might not be enough mounting media placed on slide. So when slide is wet, there are no air bubble but after a couple of days the xylene or xylene substitute will evaporate and leave you with patchy areas. Has there been someone new coverslipping? I have been one of those people that put less mounting media on because the stage of the microscope stays cleaner, however, I discovered that I get air bubbles after it dries. Try putting a line of mounting media down the entire slide not just 2 or 3 drops. Might help.Karen PfaffLead HT Skin Cancer CenterMohs lab

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone