[Histonet] Prefilled formalin containers

Vickroy, James jvickroy at SpringfieldClinic.com
Mon Jul 18 11:33:05 CDT 2016

This is one of the things that comes up every couple of years.   Leaky prefilled formalin containers.   I know we have all dealt with nurses or physicians that can't put the lid on correctly or put the label on the threads of the containers.  Some of the new designs have a "clicking lid" when they are supposed to be sealed.   My experience with the "clicking lids" are that some vendors have lids that the "clicker" breaks off as soon as you unscrew it so obviously it doesn't help when putting the lid back on.   Another vendor that has the "clicking lid" does not have the "clicker" break off when you unscrew and screw but the containers still leak.

It seems to me that someone could come up with accost-effective prefilled formalin container that does not leak (of course provided the lids was put on straight).   I would be interested in other's experiences with this elemental yet extremely annoying issue.     It seems like if we can make new automated electronic instruments someone might be able to make affordable container that doesn't leak.

Jim

Jim Vickroy
Histology Manager
Springfield Clinic, Main Campus, East Building
1025 South 6th Street
Springfield, Illinois  62703
Office:  217-528-7541, Ext. 15121
Email:  jvickroy at SpringfieldClinic.com<mailto:jvickroy at SpringfieldClinic.com>

This electronic message contains information from Springfield Clinic, LLP that may be confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive. This information is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately, by electronic mail, so that arrangements may be made for the retrieval of this electronic message. Thank you.