[Histonet] Samples not staining with Hematoxylin or primary

Teri Johnson tejohnson at genoptix.com
Wed Jul 6 12:55:30 CDT 2016

Anna wrote:
I'm curious as to why we heat the Auramine Rhodamine when we are staining tissue sections but our Micro lab stains at room temp.  It is because "it's always been done that way"?
Thanks group,
Angie

Hi Anna,

If your dispensers are working properly, I would bet it's your slides. There are known issues with overly hydrophobic slides causing issues on the Ventana platform. They recommend you use Plus (+) slides manufactured from Erie Scientific. There may be others I am not aware of, but we use these slides for all IHC sectioned here and have had no issues on our Ventanas.

Good luck!

Teri Johnson, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Manager Clinical Trial Testing
Genoptix, Inc.
SAN5, Rm. 2005
760.516.5954 (office)
760.516.6201 (fax)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains information that is confidential and proprietary to Genoptix Medical Laboratory or its subsidiaries. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately contact the sender by e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.