[Histonet] Tissue Arrays

Amos Brooks amosbrooks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 20:37:56 CST 2016

Hi,
     My experience with microarrays is that they are sometimes a bit
complicated to work with depending on the way they are constructed and the
platform they are used on. Often these slides are dipped in paraffin to
help preserve them. When this happens they need considerably longer
deparaffinization. They also sometimes are not floated on a waterbath to
transfer them to the slide but by a tape transfer process. The tape often
interferes in IHC staining and especially on Ventana platforms that make
use of the liquid coverslips. If you can try to get microarrays that are
floated like regular sections, make sure you give them a good long soak in
xylene, and perhaps increase the volume per slide of the antibodies.

Best of luck,
Amos