[Histonet] IHC with H & E staining

Amos Brooks amosbrooks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 17:03:41 CST 2016

Hi,
    I usually try to avoid eosin as a counterstain for a DAB labeled slide
because the red/pink of the eosin can obscure the rusty brown of DAB. If
you really want to use it though I would suggest a *really* light eosin,
perhaps even just a few milliliters in the 95% ETOH as you are dehydrating
it. The RBCs and eosinophils will pick it up quickly and the stain should
not overwhelm the DAB. You could also darken the DAB with Copper sulfate.

Cheers,
Amos