[Histonet] metal enhanced DAB

King,Michael A making at ufl.edu
Thu Feb 25 12:41:37 CST 2016

Tyrone,
I've had better luck using acetate buffer with metal-enhanced DAB.  There's less of a precipitation problem.  You can also dilute the reaction solution and the reaction product will develop more slowly, or just decrease the peroxide concentration.  You also have some control over the color by adjusting the pH; Co can range from blue to black and Ni from brown to black.
Good luck,
Mike King