[Histonet] Issues with tissues while doing IHC/IF

Catherine Simonson catherinesimonson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 05:10:15 CST 2016

Greetings and Salutations oh wise and wonderful histology people.

I am trying to work up several antibodies for IF on 10 micron thick mouse
brains.  These tissues were perfused and fixed in 4% PFA prior to my
receiving them.  I treated them with sucrose prior to freezing.  The issue
I am having is that the tissue is falling off the slides during staining.
Using charged slides and performing (attempting to, anyhow) on the Ventana
Discovery.  Any suggestions would be most helpful.  Thanks in advance.