[Histonet] PAP staining quality

Beth Cox bethcoxx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 17:06:53 CST 2016

Hi Charles,

A couple things to check on:

1.  The first concern I would have is your EA stain.  Poor EA staining
will give too much orange staining and pale other counterstains (making
them look aged).    What brand are you using? Have you changed brands?
Is your EA close to the expiration date? Is the bulk stored with light
exposure?  I think fixing your EA will fix all the other problems.

2.  The other question I have regards your alcohol.  Have you changed
types/brands?  Pap staining is very delicate and the different alcohols
used can make a big difference.

Beth Cox, HTL/SCT(ASCP)QIHC

Message: 3 Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 09:50:18 -0500