[Histonet] FW: Storage of Unstained Slides

Hannen, Valerie Valerie.Hannen at parrishmed.com
Mon Feb 1 09:43:29 CST 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Hannen, Valerie
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 10:41 AM
To: 'T Williams'
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Storage of Unstained Slides

We store our unstained slides in the drawer with the H&E Slides. We do bake them at @ 64 degrees Celsius for @ 20 minutes  before storing them .

Valerie Hannen,MLT(ASCP),HTL,SU (FL)
Section Chief, Histology
Parrish Medical Center
951 N. Washington Ave.
Titusville,Florida 32796
T: (321)268-6333 ext. 7506
F: (321) 268-6149
valerie.hannen at parrishmed.com
www.parrishmed.com

-----Original Message-----
From: T Williams via Histonet [mailto:histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 7:23 AM
To: histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Storage of Unstained Slides

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how unstained slides with patient tissue should be stored?  Or could anyone recommend a product for
storage?   Also - is it preferable that these slides not be placed in the
dryer until they are intended to be stained?  If so, what is the problem with baking them as soon as they're cut and dried at room temperature?

I apologize for all the questions but I do  appreciate the guidance.

T. Williams
"This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the
intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please immediately