[Histonet] holidays SOP

Lauren Sweeney lmarie08 at uga.edu
Thu Dec 15 10:23:12 CST 2016

Hello all in Histo Land,

I was wondering if anyone out there works in a Histo Lab that shuts down for the holidays? We are closed the week of Christmas and I am preparing the laboratory for sitting unattended for a week. If anyone else is in the same boat, do you have any tips for what you do to shut down the lab? We are planning on emptying the strainers and keeping the coverslipper nozzle submerged in xylene as air-tight as possible. Not sure what or if we should bother the processors...

Thanks and Happy Holidays!