[Histonet] Eosin

Debbie Faichney d.a.faichney at stir.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 05:53:38 CDT 2016

Hi Elizabeth,

We are an aquaculture histology laboratory and routinely use four parts 1% Eosin Y (aq) to one part Putts eosin for the same reason that you describe.  1% aqueous or alcoholic alone just doesn't do the job.

Debbie Faichney, BSc

Senior Technician
Histology/Bacteriology Laboratories
Institute of Aquaculture