[Histonet] Ventilation of formalin/xylol

Kevin Reif KReif at stegh.on.ca
Fri Apr 29 07:48:18 CDT 2016

Hi All:
         We are looking at designing a new Path Lab and the main issue I have is venting. We will have lots of square footage but we will be trying to vent formalin, xylol and alcohol fumes from the new location in the basement. In talking with engineers in in our previous reno the figure of 50 CFM of air flow is required to move formalin and my concern is that even with down draft venting we won't be able to move the formalin fumes up to the appropriate level ( 3 stories) to exhaust. If anyone has just gone through a reno or has information about what is working and what isn't it would be greatly appreciated. If you have pictures to share that would be a great bonus.

Thanks in advance
Kevin Reif- Senior Technologist Pathology- STEGH
________________________________

St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital
189 Elm St.
St. Thomas
Ontario
N5R 5C4
(519) 631-2020
http://www.stegh.on.ca

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic communication and attached material is intended for the use of the individual or institution to which it is addressed and may not be distributed, copied or disclosed to any unauthorized persons. This communication may contain confidential or personal information that may be subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or the Personal Health Information Protection Act. If you have received this communication in error, please return this communication to the sender and permanently delete the original and any copy of it from your computer system. Thank you for your co-operation and assistance.
For more information on our Privacy Policy, please see our website at http://www.stegh.on.ca<http://www.stegh.on.ca/>