[Histonet] Frozen tissues

Fatima Formadi fatimaformadi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:47:23 CDT 2016

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the net and this is my first post.  I am a fairly new lab tech
who will soon start working in the histology department of our hospital and
I was wondering if you veterans can give me some heads up.  I will be
working mainly with frozen tissues.
1.  Are the main stains for frozen tissues the following: rapid H&E, PAS,
and methylene blue?
2. Does anyone have a protocol for collecting and disposing of reagents
(stains, acids, alcohols etc.) that they might share with me?
3. After preparing the slides for the pathologist, is the remaining tissue
always frozen in liquid nitrogen?

Thanks for any input.

Fatima