[Histonet] Bubbling effect under brain tissue sections

Kerry Broom Kerry.Broom at phe.gov.uk
Fri Apr 8 09:57:29 CDT 2016

I am having problems with our immunohistochemistry on the dako autostainer - please see attached image of a brain section using synaptophysin antibody.  But, I don't think the problem is the immunohistochemistry, I think it is happening before we get to that stage.
We are using 5% APES coated slides and the sections go through a 95deg heat pretreatment at high pH.
We are getting this bubbling effect under the tissue.  It looks to be worse on one side of the brain (the top of the slide)
Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?  Any suggestions welcome.
http://histosearch.com/imageupload/bubbling-effect-under-brain-tissue-sections/

The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person without the express authority of Public Health England, or the intended recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part of it. This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept for computer viruses by Symantec.Cloud, but please re-sweep any attachments before opening or saving. http://www.gov.uk/PHE