[Histonet] Histonet Digest, Vol 149, Issue 7 : Re: specimen submission pads ordinary lens paper

Steve McClain SteveM at mcclainlab.com
Thu Apr 7 16:05:39 CDT 2016

There is much commendable about ordinary lens paper cut from 9x12 sheets to ~2x2 inch and folded 4 times like an origami to enclose small tissue fragments.
Keeps floaters out. Translucent so you can count the fragments before and after opening. Unfolds reliably at embedding wo flinging pieces. Cleans your forceps after embedding.  Doesn't seem to clog processors.  2 hour processing in regular cassettes.
We wrap nearly every specimen.
I can send a brief video demonstration if you email me directly.

Steve A. McClain, MD