[Histonet] Reprocessing

Mca Werdler mwerdler at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 10:02:25 CDT 2016

What i would do, melt the blocks you made.

1. Put them back in paraffin for one hour
2. Put them back in another paraffin or one hour
3. Put them in xylene for one hour
4. Put them in another xylene for one hour
5. Put them in another xylene for one hour
6. Put them back in paraffin for one hour
7. Put them back  in paraffin for one hour.

It takes some time. The reason why it was dificult to cut is because the
alcohol and paraffin dont mix, there is a possibility that the parafin was
not well enough impregnated in the tissue.
With the above solution, you can restore that.

Maarten

UNAM neurobiologia, histología
Mexico